Anemanthele lessoniana. Gossamer Grass. “Gossamer Grass” Graceful tussock with orangey-green foliage and delicate seed-heads that wave in the wind. Hardy. Evergreen. NZ native. 80 cm x 1.3 m. Attractive Features of Anemanthele lessoniana for Landscaping:
Ornamental Grass Form: Anemanthele lessoniana’s graceful, arching foliage creates a stunning visual impact in garden borders and rockeries.
– Striking Color Transformation: This grass displays a mesmerizing coppery-orange hue during the cooler months, adding warmth and vibrancy to the landscape.
– All-season Interest: Anemanthele lessoniana maintains its visual appeal throughout the year, providing texture and interest in any season.
– Low Water Needs: With its moderate drought tolerance, this grass is an excellent choice for water-wise and sustainable landscaping.
– Wind Resistance: Its flexible stems can sway gracefully in the wind without damage, making it an ideal option for windy locations.
– Versatile Planting: Suitable for both formal and informal gardens, as well as in containers or as a focal point in the landscape design.
– Habitat for Wildlife: The dense foliage of Anemanthele lessoniana provides shelter for small birds and beneficial insects, fostering a healthy ecosystem.
– Adaptability to Various Soils: Thrives in a range of soil types, including clay and sandy soils, making it a versatile choice for different garden settings.
– Low Maintenance: Once established, Anemanthele lessoniana requires minimal upkeep, making it an excellent option for low-maintenance landscapes.